FAQ - Frequently Asked Questions
- Is it possible to return a vehicle rented in City Rent in another town?
- Yes, it is possible to rent a car in one town and return it in another (e.g. you can take the car from the Pula airport and return it in Zagreb). Please feel free to contact our staff for more detail on this offer, as well as for all the fees related to it.
- What is the age limit for a person renting a vehicle?
- The person renting a vehicle has to be at least 22 and has to possess a valid driver's licence for category B for four years minimum.
- Whiach documents are required while renting a vehicle?
- When renting a vehicle, the client has to possess an ID card or a passport and a valid driver's licence for category B for one year minimum. The client will also need a credit card for pre-authorization. The credit card will not be debited at this step, our staff will only check its validity. The card will be charged in case the rented vehicle is damaged (in case of agreed franchise or damage to the vehicle interior), the client violates the traffic rules while driving the rented vehicle, etc.
- Is it possible to rent a vehicle without a credit card?
- Yes, it is possible to rent a vehicle without the credit card pre-authorization. In this case the client is required to make a cash deposit for the agreed sum depending on the vehicle category.
- Can someone else drive the rented vehicle instead of me?
- Yes, it is possible. More than one driver can drive the vehicle but it is necessary to draft a special close on the subject in the Contract and additional driver(s) have to be entered into the formulation of the Contract. The same rules apply to the first and the other driver(s) (minimum age limit, duration of the driver's licence validity).
- What happens if I have certain problems with the rented vehicle?
- City Rent covers all the costs related to vehicle malfunction which was not caused by the driver's mistake (usage of the wrong fuel, flat tyre, loss of the car key, etc.). The vehicle will be towed to the nearest car repair shop at our cost and you the client will be given a new vehicle of the same category.
- What happens if I have an accident with the rented vehicle?
- It is necessary to contact the police at number 92 and notify the City Rent staff of the accident, the culprit and whether there are any injured people. Our employees will give you the guidelines on how to proceede.
- Which insurance does the rented vehicle possess and which ones can I pay additionally?
All our vehicles are covered by:
AO obligatory insurance towards third persons
CDW Collision Damage Waiver along with a lesee franchise depending on the category of the rented vehicle
PAI Personal Accident Insurance
TP theft protection insurance
CBC cross border charge
A) CIYECONOMY - 1.500,00 Kn (204,00 €)
B) ECONOMY - 2.000,00 Kn (272,00 €)
C) COMPACT - 2.500,00 Kn (340,00 €)
D) LUXURY - 3.000,00 Kn (408,00 €)
E) FURGORENT - 3.000,00 Kn (408,00 €)
Each lessee can get SCDW – full casco insurance (without franchise) which, with a minumum fee (depending on the category of the rented vehicle) removes any and all financial costs related to the franchise in case of damage or theft of the vehicle.
A) CIYECONOMY - 50,00 Kn (6,80 €)
B) ECONOMY - 60,00 Kn (8,16 €)
C) COMPACT - 70,00 Kn (9,52 €)
D) LUXURY - 100,00 Kn (13,60 €)
E) FURGORENT - 100,00 Kn (13,60 €)
- Is there a limit to the miles I can do with the vehicle?
- All our vehicles are rented to unlimited mileage regardless of the lease duration. This is only not valid for freight vehicles which have a preset limit of 600 km per day.
- Is it possible to cross the state line with the rented vehicle?
- Yes, all our vehicles are allowed to cross the state lines.
- What happens if I am overdue to return the rented vehicle?
- One hour delay is allowed without any penalty fees being charged, but in cases of longer delays penalties corresonding to a half-day or daily rent will be charged.
- Is it possible to prolong the agreed rent duration?
- Yes, it is possible to prolong the already agreed rent duration, the only prerequisite is that the clint informs our staff of their intent and obtains their approval.
- What are the means of payment?
- All credit cards are welcome, as well as cash. Credit card payment can be done outside our office, at the vehicle return spot (at your hotel, apartment, camp site or airport).
- Do you offer vehicle delivery service?
- Yes, we offer all our clients FREE vehicle delivery to their hotel, apartment, camp, airport or requested address. All you have to do I give us the exact address and our staff will meet you there as soon as possible. This is valid for all spots within a 20 km radius from our branch offices.
- Do you offer fly and drive service?
- Naturally, all our branch offices offer delivery and return services at airports. All you have to do is give us the flight number and the city of departure and our friendly staff will deliver the vehicle free of charge.
- Do you offer additional equipment for the rented vehicle?
- Yes, the rent includes a whole range of additional equipment, such as children's car seats for variou age groups, GPS navigation system, winter tires, snow chains, ski holders and THULE roof boxes. For the additional equipment price list click HERE.
- What is the level of fuel in the rented vehicle?
- It is necessary to return the vehicle with the eqactly the same fuel level as the one present at vehicle takeover. In case the fuel level is lower, the difference will be charged at return.
- Can I change the reservation date?
- Yes, it is possible to change the reservation date, but it is necessary to inform our staff of this by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Furthermore, you have to obtain our agreement on the change.
- Does your fleet include freight vehicles and vans?
- Of course it does, and the fact makes us one of the few rent-a-car agencies offering all categories of freight vehicles, from small-sized Fiat Fiorino and Fiat Doblo, to IVECO DAILY 12 m3 and the largest IVECO DAILY 17m3 vehicles. All freight vehicles are operated with a B category driver's licence.
- Do I have to clean the rented vehicle before returning it?
- No, you don't since the rent price includes regular external and internal cleaning. You will be charged for cleaning only in cases of hot or cold beverage spills or hard soiling. Feel free to contact us for all additional questions or details at email@example.com or 00385/95/33-66-400.